So how did we get to a post about titled “cook for your pets”, this is a craft blog right? Have you ever looked on a website which tells you all of the international ‘days’ in the month? Seriously, you have to check it out. There’s an international ‘love your lawyer’ day! But one that really caught my eye was November 1st: international cook for your pet day. At first I laughed this off, but like many crafters out there, I have a dog who loves tasty treats. This month I made her some DIY doggy biscuits that were so cute, I’ve decided to share the recipe with you for you, or anyone you know, with furry friends!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ of a cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup unsweetened apple sauce or mashed banana
- ¼ cup vegetable, chicken or beef stock
- bone shaped cookie cutter
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine flour, peanut butter and apple sauce in a large mixing bowl. Add stock and stir until well-combined. The dough will be thick. Once combined use your hands to press the dough into a ball. Place dough ball on a flat service (with a sprinkle of flour if needed) and roll out evenly with a rolling pin. Dough should be about ¼ inch thick. Use a cookie cutter to cut the dough into desired shape and place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until golden brown. Store in an airtight container.
Image from here